||Handle management functions such as: open/close duties, transaction approvals, and customer problem resolution.
- Direct and execute planning, prioritizing and delegation skills to maximize the overall sales and profitability of an individual store location. Develop maximum productivity through employee training and development as well as proper scheduling to the needs of the customer.
- Train associates on merchandising procedures adhering to plan-o-gram instructions, display of correct signage, and acceptable in-stock position of required frames, lenses and contact lenses.
- Human Resource Management: Recruitment, selection, training, counseling, and development of associates to include Staff Development folders on a monthly basis. Conduct Performance Appraisals and salary administration. Enforcement of corporate policies and procedures. Responsible for all aspects of supervision.
- Implement, manage and reinforce quality customer service to include: prompt greetings, professionalism, selling standards to include the ׅ Point Quality Check, exercise judgment in achieving unbeatable price guarantee and dispensing guidelines.
- Create a climate of security and integrity to control inventory shrink from both internal and external theft. Control inventory through auditing paperwork such as special orders, inter-store merchandise transfers, return policies, and the monitoring of damaged and defective product in both the lab and retail areas.
- Monitor and enforce Company cash handling policies and procedures to include petty cash as outlined in Accounting SOP, and submit required financial documents accurately and on schedule.
- Maintain facility to corporate standards including building, equipment, parking lot and grounds as well as safety rules, OSHA requirements, hazardous material handling and waste disposal.
- Provide proper flow of information to the Optometrist directly associated with the store.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with doctor/doctors associated with store location and serve as liaison between doctor and store personnel.
- Communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Favorable result on Background Check
- Must have own vehicle and be an insured, licensed driver in current state of residence
- Changing schedules to meet customer patterns
- Standing during shift, bending while actively supervising retail and optical lab personnel; some bending/lifting
- Strong organizational skills
- Overall management of retail environment
- Viewing of computer screens
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving/reasoning
- Successful completion of basic arithmetic skills test
- Interpreting numbers/data
- Attention to detail
- Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
- Ability to think logically in following procedures and instructions
- Enter and retrieve data from computer
Exhibit empathy and good phone resolution skills
Perform additional duties as needed
||High school diploma or GED.
||Retail experience preferred but not required.
- Major Medical Insurance including prescription drug coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical and dependent/child care)
- Company paid short term and long term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company paid Life and AD&D policy with optional insurance coverage available
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Free Associate and Dependent Eyewear Program & Family Discount Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
To apply for this position online, please click "Apply Now".